Experience The Wonders of the World In 2022: Twelve Adventures with Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas
In the era of wanderlust, global nomads seeking to plan their year of adventure need look no further than Anantara’s 2022 travel guide, highlighting a few natural and manmade masterpieces that happen to be on our doorstep. From soaring canyons to deafening waterfalls, engineering phenomenon and remnants of lost ancient civilisations, immerse in the wonders of the world with Anantara.
Admire Mother Nature’s Handiwork with Natural Wonders:
Stand on The Edge of Victoria Falls, Zambia
• Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara sits on the edge of the falls and within ear shot of the Mosi-oa-Tunya; which means ‘The smoke that thunders.’ Anantara guests have unlimited complimentary access to the falls during their stay and for those who dare, take a dip in the Devils Pool, a natural rock ledge with dramatic views over the edge of the falls.
Gaze Upon the Green Valley, Oman
• A two-hour drive from Muscat, Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar is one of the world’s highest resorts, offering Omani splendour overlooking the fabled Green Mountain. Guests can stargaze from the viewing platform where Princess Diana once sat and scale the Jabal Activity Wall, which offers 200metres of via ferrata snaking across the cliffs and Oman’s first mountain zip lines.
Roam the Sahara Desert, Tunisia
• Situated on the edge of a sparkling salt flat, Anantara Sahara Tozeur Resort & Villas is a luxurious gateway to the majesty of the Sahara. Wake up to desert sun rises from your private pool villa before touring the dramatic Atlas Mountains to abandoned 14th century Berber villages. The out of this world desert landscape served as the filming location for the Star Wars movie, Episode I The Phantom Menace.
Misty Mornings Where Three Countries Converge, Thailand
• Slip into serenity in Northern Thailand’s jungle with endless mountain views across the borders of Myanmar and Laos. Zip along the Mekong River in an iconic longtail boat and walk with giants at Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort’s neighbouring elephant camp, the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation to observe elephants in their natural habitat.
Be Spellbound by Man-made Wonders Past and Present:
Step Back in Time at The Colosseum, Italy
• Opening in 2022, Anantara Palazzo Naiadi Rome Hotel is suspended over the ancient Diocletian Thermal Baths and has original elements commissioned by Pope Clement XI in 1705, its lobby was a filming location for the House of Gucci movie. No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the 1st century Colosseum and Anantara brings a thoroughly modern spin, whizzing guests around the Eternal City in vintage Vespas with side cars.
Touch the Clouds at Burj Khalifa, UAE
• The Burj Khalifa boasts several world records including the tallest freestanding structure in the world. The brand new Anantara World Islands Dubai Resort, itself located on a feat of engineering on The World Islands archipelago, offers unobscured views of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai’s dramatic skyline.
Transcend to Mindfulness at Angkor Wat, Cambodia
• Anantara Angkor Resort is an all-suite luxury hotel in Siem Reap, and the closest to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. Only 15 minutes away, it offers the perfect base to explore the temples by tuk-tuk, Vespa or helicopter. Unique experiences include Temple Running, where guests can pound the same walkways that Khmer Emperors and Buddhist monks have trod since 802 AD.
Submerge in History at The Thermal Baths, Budapest
• Dating to the Roman Empire, Budapest is famous for its mineral rich thermal baths and spa culture. Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel, offers an architectural ode to the Belle Époque era and guests can take a medicinal dip in the world famous thermal baths before touring the city in a vintage VW Campervan to meet local artisans and sample Pálinka.
Pilgrimage to Sri Lanka’s Ancient Fortress
• Perched on a rocky outcrop on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle is fringed by golden hued beaches and coconut palms. Soar above the tear drop island’s lush jungles to observe Sirigiya by helicopter. Once the holiday retreat of choice for Kings, this archaeological site offers some of the world’s best-preserved and oldest water gardens.
Cruise to Siam’s Ancient Capital, Thailand
• Departing from Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, the Loy Pela Voyages river cruise offers a unique way to experience the River of Kings in ultimate luxury. As Bangkok slips away and riverbanks glide by, observe daily life of orange robed monks before arriving at the old capital of Ayutthaya to explore ancient palaces, Buddhist temples, monasteries and statues.
Explore the Mysteries of the Deep with Marine Wonders:
Glide the Ocean with Manta Rays, Maldives
• Dive with manta rays in the protected environment of Hanifaru Bay, with a wingspan of several metres, these fascinating creatures can gather in their 100s during the full moon. Located on the Baa Atoll in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas offers a luxury paradise. Guests can also stargaze into the night at the Maldives’ only over water observatory.
Dive with Giants, Thailand
• Drift amid coral gardens and glittering shoals, where marine life flourishes in every imaginable form. Venture from the white sandy shores of Koh Phangan to swim among whale sharks, barracuda and anemones with Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Resort. Thailand’s Southern Islands are world famous, revered for their diving visibility and now is the perfect time to come.