Hilton has announced the country level winners of Hilton South East Asia F&B Masters 2018/2019 across Thailand and Myanmar.
In its fifth year, the competition is a multi-faceted competition that discovers, develops and distinguishes the best F&B talents, providing on-property team members with an opportunity to develop skills, creativity and gain real-world experience in the culinary field.
Thirty-seven country finalists out of two hundred participants across eight properties have been shortlisted to compete in the Hilton South East Asia F&B Masters finals later this year.
The country level competition hosted at Hilton Pattaya on November 13 and 14, 2018 saw representations of food and beverage teams from Hilton Pattaya, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa, Hilton Hua Hin, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, Hilton Nay Pyi Taw, Conrad Bangkok and Conrad Koh Samui. Participants prepared and served their signature food and beverage creations to a panel of judges, who adjudicated based on taste, innovation, originality and presentation.
The winners of 2018/2019 F&B Masters Thailand and Myanmar – country level competition are:
• Culinary: Khun Teeranad Pisolyabud, Chef de Partie, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
• Willy Wonka: Khun Sookruedee Rattanawanich, Chef de Partie, Bakery Kitchen, Conrad Bangkok
• Barista: Khun Parichat Pramo, Waitress, Flare Restaurant, Hilton Pattaya
• Mixologist: Khun Sarnti Usaphrom, Bartender, Horizon Rooftop Restaurant & Bar, Hilton Pattaya
• Wine Enthusiast: Khun Janjira Dong U-Ten, Supervisor, Yuan Chinese Restaurant, Millennium Hilton Bangkok
• F&B Photography: Khun Sathawut Chairoch, Marketing Communications Coordinator, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
Peter Webster, regional general manager, Singapore, Thailand and Philippines, Hilton, said:
“We are delighted to bring together our F&B teams to showcase their extraordinary talents and give audiences new insights into the levels of creativity at our hotels across Thailand and Myanmar.
Each year the submissions surpass our expectations and it was a tough call this year with very talented individuals from eight different hotels and resorts coming together. It truly is a great way for us to discover new culinary talents in our hotels.”
The SEA F&B Masters is a multi-faceted competition that discovers and celebrates the extraordinary food and beverage talent across Hilton’s properties within the region.
It is also specifically designed to spotlight three key elements that Hilton champions:
• Team Members – Through the competition, Hilton seeks to highlight and reward the emerging talent within all departments across Hilton’s portfolio of properties
• Sustainability – In line with Hilton’s sustainability efforts, the competition will adopt the use of locally sourced ingredients, sustainable seafood and zero plastic throughout all challenges
• Creativity – The competition serves as a platform for Team Members to demonstrate their skills in developing innovative ways of preparing and presenting signature dish and beverage creations
The competition will be staged at the hotel level and country or sub-regional level, culminating in a regional grand finale held at Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia in early 2019